Monday, July 14, 2008

The Walk of Shame

I have had an interesting morning and I just had to share. My co-worker came by my office to tell me about a group of us going to lunch. I told him that I needed to know whether or not they were walking so that I can decide to go. I did not want to walk because I was wearing heels and the only other pair of shoes that I had in the office were black, and that would not match my outfit. As I proceeded to show my co-worker my brown heels, I then realized that messing up my outfit with black shoes was the least of my problems. I had inadvertantly put on two different pair of shoes this morning - a brown open toe and a black open toe. And, the shoes were not the same style.

So, this is my shame for today...Both pairs of shoes were by the door as I was rushing out this morning. The possibility of mixing up the shoes briefly crossed my mind, but I figured that my feet would be able to tell the difference. So, I decided to forego taking the time to glance down at my feet. I can't even use pregnancy as an excuse anymore...

1 comment:

jtbrown said...

I am so sorry for you. I've done something similar, but not with shoes!